Friday, March 21, 2008

Nothing Say's Holiday Like A Cheesy Casserole

So Tomorrow will be a whirlwind and I just know y'all can't make it through the weekend with out this Breakfast Casserole!  I got this casserole from Paula Deans Christmas cook book, but once I read a recipe it's over I change it up and call it my own,  I don't want Paula Dean to file any suites against me so I am going to give her the credit but tell you how I have made it better.  Ok here goes.
 Make this the night before, that's the beauty of it.  You don't have to slave away while everybody else is having fun!
8 slices of potato bread (or thick white bread) cube it up 
1 pound of mild breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled up, drained
4-5 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
7 eggs
3 cups of milk
2 tea dry mustard
2 tea salt
2 tea hot sauce

spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray, first place the cubed bread in the bottom of pan, then evenly distribute the sausage over the bread.  Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Combine eggs, milk, seasonings and hot sauce pour over the top of the casserole.  Refrigerate over night.  
Pre heat oven 350 leave your pan on the counter for at least 15 minutes before you put it in the oven so it won't break!
Bake 1 hour.
Enjoy.



No comments: