Monday, March 31, 2008

I hate the rain

I think I have a whole post somewhere on this blog about things I don't like and rain was in the top ten!  I have absolutely no where that we plan to go today but because it is raining I feel trapped!  I want to suddenly go on a walk or go to the park, I think this is a deep rooted desire to want what I can't have.  Some mom's might go for a walking the rain but against popular belief I would melt.  I also suddenly have the desire to make a fire and roast marshmallows but again all of our fire wood is wet because of the rain so again the rain is putting a damper on my day.
I had very good plans of getting all of us dressed and doing something, but the gray sky's make me want to stay in these pj's all day. (I love that I can be a teacher and my son can go to school while in pj's)  The only good thing is that Daddy is working the late shift and would have no idea that we stayed in our pj's all day.  I find pajama day to be a wonderful occasion, my sweet husband on the other hand thinks one must dress ones self to be productive.  
I have proven him wrong time and time again as I can cook and clean and teach and do laundry all the while sporting a pair of pj's!
Bo asks me every day if it can be "jamy" day!  He like his mother finds nothing wrong with wearing your pajama's all day.  I even go out side in my pajama's and as I shared last week no one can see us so who really cares,at least we aren't naked, but my husband who thinks jeans are comfortable cares, he says they might ruin their pj's and they are expensive, I find this really funny he must have no idea what we spend on real clothes, think of all the money we could save if the kids only played in their pajama's I mean who cares if pj's are stained no body ever sees them!  I think sleeper pants and sweat pants are comfortable, this might have something to do with the fact that since Halloween I have had to lay on the bed to get my jeans buttoned.  I might add that the Easter candy last week sure didn't help!!
So I am going to go and finish school with Luke while we relax in our comfortable pj's, being sure not to strain any thing trying to button up my jeans.  Happy Monday and I am sorry if you had to get dressed today!

No comments: