Monday, April 16, 2007

Looking at the future

I must say as I just went and stirred the pot of chicken and noodles God spoke to me. (he often speaks to me as I cook) See so many people Myself included spend to much time dwelling on the here and now, I know the washer will be fixed and we won't have to wear dirty clothes because God says He will supply all of our needs in Christ Jesus, I could always go to a laundry mat that would just be inconvenient as specially with 3 children! Anyway I tend to think on the now not the real out come, I will not let myself be robed of an opportunity to have a great day. I think I have been in a really bad mood all day anticipating the results of the x-ray my grandma had on Friday, although the cancer had not spread to the liver I guess the lungs where still at risk, so the real out come is to have faith, Faith that God is always in control, believing Jeremiah 29:11 For the plans I have for you are to prosper you and not to harm you to give you a hope and a future. The real out come of my family moving in is an opportunity to serve others, to really sacrifice, to show my children how we help others, care and love others. I have just spent so much time thinking about when my family gets here and to have all the plans I had been making change so quickly has well kind of knocked me off my feet a little. I am so happy they are coming, I am so happy my children get to have their grandma Kristy be a part of their everyday lives I am so Happy that not only do they have their grandma but both of their great grandparents as well, I am sure we will have our fair share of struggles with 3 adult woman in one home but I am looking forward to this opportunity to grow close with 2 of the 3 most important woman in the world to me, My mom and grandma during a time when they can lean on me. So as I try to focus more on the future and not just the days troubles I am drawn to 2Corinthians 4:16-18 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying our spirits are being renewed everyday. For our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us immeasurably great glory that will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now rather we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever.

No comments: