Friday, May 2, 2008

Pea Pickn' Cake

Sunday is my Grandpa's 79th birthday.  My Grandpa and Grandma helped raise me, so my Grandpa is my Daddy!  I am having a birthday party for him tomorrow and I will be making one of his favorite cakes, Pea Pickn' Cake.  So with much Bloggy Love I will share the recipe with all of you.

1 Box White Cake mix
1/2 cup Oil
4 Eggs
1 Box of Vanilla Instant Pudding
1 8-9 oz Container of Cool Whip
1 11 oz Can of Mandarin Oranges (with Juice)
1 15 oz Can Crushed Pineapple (undrained)

Combine cake mix with eggs, oil and oranges with the juice, mix well.  Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake at 325 degrees for 30 min.  Cool cake completely!
Mix Pineapple and pudding mix together, fold in the cool whip. Spread on top of the cooled cake, cover and chill in the refrigerator over night if you can handle the wait, or at least 4 hours.

Go make yourself some good cake!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy birthday to Grandpa! What a blessing! Have fun celebrating.

Twice Blessed said...

I thought it was called "pig pickin cake"??????????????