Thursday, February 21, 2008

More about Texas

I really did have a nice time in Texas, although I have never seen more blinking lights or XXX stores in my life...  Daddy is from Dallas and said it has not alway been like that but I was still a little disappointed in the moral decline of the great state of Texas.  
We ate so much Mexican food I think I can speak their language now...  We had some really good stuff called Barbacooa I guess it is a Mexican version of pulled pork and they serve it with fresh cilantro and chopped onions in a flour tortilla and it is smack your mama GOOD!
The kids loved everything about vacation, they love eating out and they loved the Riverwalk!  We rode a boat down the river and then took a carriage ride around San Antonio which they loved even more.  There is a place in downtown San Antonio called Market Square where you can buy all sorts of Mexican goods which we did!  All in all it was a wonderful time.
Until...  On Monday after Daddys surgery we went into the city for lunch at a Mexican seafood restaurant Ernesta's it was really good, anyway on our way we were stopped at a red light and all of the sudden at full speed we were rear ended!  I first checked our kids all were ok!  So blessing number one.  Then I got out of the car to check the other driver she too was ok.  Blessing number two.  We pulled into a parking lot and then she started to cry she saw at that point we had 3 little kids and being a mother and teacher herself she just lost it, I found myself hugging and telling this poor woman it's all right and we are ok.  
At some point I started checking to make sure Daddy was ok, he had just had surgery.  The other woman then asked what kind of surgery he had just had and I then told her I am a Christian and God had convicted us that we should have a vasectomy reversal and so we flew to San Antonio and did just that.  She told me she was Catholic and asked if we followed Acts for Christ I explained that I am a Christ follower which means that I know I am a sinner and that I have asked Jesus into my heart to be my Savior and that I believe Jesus died on the cross and rose again and the only way to the Father is through the son.
She said she believed that too, and amazingly her husband had under gone a vasectomy 3 years ago and that they thought they had made a mistake....  She said they recently got a puppy but that she still felt like they had made a mistake, I gave her Dr. Leveretts name and told her to pray about it and give him a call.
So we were not hurt in anyway, and I was able already to share not only the plan of salvation but what God has done in our life, all along I have prayed God would use this for his Glory and I pray that someday in heaven I will see her again and maybe even her child...
I know that God works out all for his good and that nothing is a coincidence.

No comments: