Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tattoo


This is my Mother's Day present! I just love it, yes it hurt.... but I am very pleased with this design. I have been thinking it up for some time now and with the help of a very talented Christian tattoo artist we came up with this, the large stake is representing the stake that held Jesus feet the two small stakes represent the stakes in Jesus hands and the crown of thorns is for the crown so cruelly placed on Jesus head.
I am excited for the opportunity to share Jesus Christ in an all new way, my other tattoo of a christian fish symbol is right under the pant line so it is unseen for the most part, this tattoo is in between the shoulder blades and fairly close to my neck so while wearing tank tops and sun dresses it will be seen.
It took a little over 2 hours, I was mostly thankful that I found a Christian tattoo artist, it really amazes me to find this long haired, fully tattooed, large gauge earings waering guy who is a happily married father of two children and a christian and is turned away from so many churches due to the way he looks, I wonder how would I have perceived him if I had not had the opportunity to talk to him, get to know him, better yet how do people see my husband who has several tattoos, is he treated differently because of them? I am so greatful that God is always growing and changing me opening my eyes to the way he sees people not the way my southern baptist up bringing scarred my thinking for so many years. Look at the awesome opportunity this artist has to witness to so many people....
So thanks to my kids and wonderful husband who worked over time in the 80 degree heat so I could have another piece of witness wear.

No comments: