Saturday, June 21, 2008

Baked Oatmeal

On Saturday I normally take part in Saturday Stirrings with Dee Dee at It Coulda' Been Worse, but she is at She Speaks for a blog convention so I will not disappoint, I am going to give you a really easy recipe, we have this all the time!
Baked Oatmeal
3 Cups quick cook oatmeal
1/2 Cup white or brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup of applesauce
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix it all together (dry oatmeal) and put in a 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Eat and enjoy!

This recipe can be changed in so may ways, sometimes I mash up 2 small banana's and add 1/4 of a cup of walnuts omitting the applesauce and cloves.  Bake the same.

I also chop up a large can of peaches and use those instead of applesauce I also change the milk for cream and no cloves.  Bake the same.

You can put 1/2 a can of pumpkin instead of applesauce, I then also add ginger it is like pumpkin pie.

You can add just about any fruit you want and it is great, I have done pears and mixed fruit.  I hope you all like this very easy recipe!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh yum! I had this one time at a Bed 'n Breakfast with my hubby and it was so good. I've always wondered how it was made!

littletoesandcheerios said...

Can we just move in with you...okay maybe on the weekends

WendyDarling said...

This sounds fantastic! I am so going to make this for breakfast this week. :-) Thank you for the recipe.

Michelle said...

HI! I found you from Tricia's blog, Life On the Hill top.
I love the look of your blog and I can't wait to try your recipe!
Looking forward to getting to know another homeschooling mom!

Blessings,
Michelle Bingham

Amanda said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I've seen Baked Oatmeal mentioned on a few meal plans, but I've never taken the time to look it up. I'll be making it this week! Yummy!

Twice Blessed said...

HM made this for our family on our vacation in May....my husband TBD, LOVES LOVES LOVES his oatmeal. He was in heaven. I think we need to try the pumpkin one..sounds the best of all!