Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Thanksgiving was wonderful!  We had really great food and the family was nice too!  Just kidding!  I loved being with our family.  I had such a great time visiting with our extended relatives, my cousins are a lot of fun to hang out with.  My cousin in law at Little Toes and Cheerios gave me the most amazing Christmas gifts, she had a Happy Mommy apron made for me, and she had a puzzle made for my kids, its a our last years Christmas photo, the last family picture we have of my Grandpa.  I can't even begin to tell you how surprised and Thankful I was.  Thank you so much "Wilma" I love you and getting closer to you on our blogs has been great!
Our time with HD's family was so much fun!  I am really really blessed with my Sisters in Law!  Jess and I had so much fun, we stayed up talking until 3 am all but one night.  We also shopped and ate and played games, we played Taboo, have you all played Taboo?  We played boys against girls and we had a blast!  Now I will say that when HD was describing things his brothers just knew, I think it was a brother thing.  When Jess was describing things her sister Jodi, helped us beat the boys every time!  I am going to go buy the game this week!  We got to spend time with Regan who was on leave from the Army for Thanksgiving.  Regan stayed with us at Jess and Zack's house, our kids are just crazy about her, she is an amazing young woman and we are all really proud of her!  We didn't get to spend much time with Travis, HD's younger brother, but we did drag him into a game of Taboo on Saturday and it was so much fun!
On Friday, I had a sister movie party.  Jess, Regan, Molly and myself all went to the movies.  Guess what we saw.....  Twilight!!!!  It was so good!  We all have read all the books and we had to see the movie together.  The movie was pretty true to the book for the most part which was great.  I can't wait for the next movie, I'll have to drive to Ohio to go see it with my girls.
We are trying to get back to normal this week, I am starting school with the boys now and better go get busy.  I will post some pictures of our trip later today.
Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog - love it! I have 3 children as well (2 boys and a princess in the middle). Loved your post on cleaning out the car, makes me feel better about my own. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

littletoesandcheerios said...

It was so good to see all of you too! And the eggnog makes my kitchen smell wonderful!
Did you get a good family pic? If so I would love a copy.

*Emily's got a few good ones, but I can't seem to get my computer to size it bigger.

Wish we had more time to visit but Pebbles was just getting over her cold (21 days) so we wanted to get her home. She fell asleep in about 3 minutes in the car! And slept until about 5 minutes from home!!

Anonymous said...

What a nice time! Taboo is such a great game. I love playing it girls vs. guys, too.

Tricia said...

SO glad you had a great time with family.

I was going to try to go see the movie with my 14year old niece (they're an 'adopetd' family so she's not actually my niece, but close enough!) while they were in town for the holiday, but we just couldn't find time. I think I'm going to have to go see it alone.

Will that be creepy? A 30ish year old woman going to see a teen vampire alone? :o)

Happy Mommy said...

Tricia~ Let me tell you, you won't be alone! There were many older people in the movie, men and women. Go see it!