Thursday, April 30, 2009

Vacation part 2

So our cruise was amazing!  I loved every minute on the ship, I had really been worried about motion sickness but I never felt even the slightest bit ill the whole time.  Now let me tell you something you might not know about cruising, the staff of the ship act like you are someone famous!  Really you are treated like Royalty for a whole week.  Every time we left our cabin our stateroom attendant Michael would come in and straiten up, like 5 times a day.
We left the ship early on Saturday morning and off we hurried to the shuttle bus and back to the airport to catch our flight to the Bahamas.  Our plane was not much bigger than a tin can, it even had propellers on the sides, I like big planes this was very far from big.  So we all crammed in to the "little plane" and we were off!
We landed in the Bahamas with in 45 minutes.  As we entered customs things get interesting the man helping us with our bags being that we are such a big group, 2 wheel chairs, 2 strollers, 3 small kids with over loaded back packs and 4 other adults all pulling carry on luggage he took us to a special window were an over sized woman sat filing her nails.  As we approached she made a funny face at me and then went on to say "I can not believe you have brought these people to my line you have ruined my whole day"  at this point I look around because I know  she is not talking to me like that, HD kind of got a chuckle out of that....  Now let me say she was not saying this jokingly she was saying this with the chicken head bob'n back and forth she was mad we had interrupted her nail filing session, I could not believe it!  Could not!  I still can't.  We finished our documents while she huffed and puffed at us and then we ran off to collect our bags.
We had prepaid for transportation from the airport to the resort Atlantis.  We got on our bus, all eleven of us and 2 other couples.  Again I am shocked the woman driving the bus starts telling us about the local fair and she starts using crude humor, we did not laugh, my 3 kids are on this bus and she is talking about sex and saying things that are totally inappropriate, now I am huffing and puffing and sighing loudly but she just talked louder.  Did you know they drive on the wrong side of the road in the Bahamas?  They do.  As we pulled up to the resort she says check under your seat and make sure you have your purses and wallets because big mama does not return things left on her bus I will be having a party tonight....  Then get this she wanted a tip she hoovered around like she would get a tip for driving us now mind you we paid over 100$ for our 15 minuted drive.  I looked at her and told her strait up the only tip you are gonna get is "not to tell jokes about stealing from me if I leave something on your bus!" I then walked away!  
The resort was huge and it was beautiful!  We hurried inside to check in, that went smoothly.  I will tell you more about Atlantis and the people of the island in a few days.... 


6 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

My son went on a cruise last year and LOVED it. Hopefully someday we will be able to take our whole clan...hopefully with nicer service people! Can't wait for installment #3

littletoesandcheerios said...

Looks like so much fun. When Pebbles gets older we might go for a Disney Cruise.

JMRCH said...

I'm so happy you're blogging again!! :) I know it takes time but I really appreciate hearing your stories and testimonials. Although we aren't but blog friends, reading your blog makes my day!

It sounds like you had a fun vacation, minus a few not so pleasant people. I can't wait to read more!

God Bless,
Meg

Melissa said...

Oh we have been to the Bahama's 2 x. I love it! We stayed at Atlantis the 2nd time we went. Did you have conch?

Michelle said...

i know i've not been following you for long, but i was so excited to see your posts pop up on my bloglines feed! glad that y'all enjoyed your cruise!

Joshua D. Boyce said...

Ha! I'm amazed at your fortitute in the face of such offensive adversity. I wouldn't have been so polite, I don't think.